Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Just walking the dog(s)

As I am writing this, Lester is lying a few feet away from me, suffering from the change in diet he had to go through. He is emitting vapors and fumes that make my screen buckle, the keys turn soft and my vision turns bright green at times. Yeah, yeah... poor dog...
And all I wanted to do, is show you some pics, which I think are neat....
Ohh the things I have to endure in order to please a crowd.....

Had a little episode with the "boys" yesterday. They got into a serious disagreement over a bone which turned physical/violent and instinctively I made THE nr.1 newbie mistake; I got in between...... Only some minor damages to one hand, but a very clear reminder not to do that again!!! I was the only one with damages by the way. On the other hand I get free medical care and vets are insanely expensive around here... ;) But I also did show them who was the alfa and that he did not tolerate any such behaviour!

But hey...look at all the pretty pictures!!!







Too bad winter has lost its bite already. The icy sting has left the air and we even had a stormy night! The dry powdery snow has turned into slush and the new snow falls with a wet heaviness. Or as plain rain. Days and nights of thaw and frost follow each other in rapid succession and there is no sign of improvement. Under these conditions I want winter gone, but we still have more than 2 months ahead of us before real spring will arrive.......

All my boys together.... 


Today I got to witness pack pecking order at work! Lester was trying Rex' patience and again he got told off quite clearly. When Lester showed signs of not obeying me and I had to change my tone of voice, Rex would quickly step in as well, as if he was telling this youngster to "snap it up. Alfa's telling you!". Amusing, but unnecessary. Rex has to learn a bit about pack life too, I guess. Or is this normal behaviour?? So much to learn here.....
Lester's behaviour is changing already. He is adapting quickly. And he is becoming vocal too, showing that typical talkativeness huskies are known for. Another thing I am sensing is that the arrival of Lester did something on a deeper level too. There is a sense of balance now.

3 comments:

  1. I have a dog that definitely has his own mind made up about everything. When he's being "bad" and not listening to me it works for me to lower my voice and "growl" at him. Very comical for any humans nearby who might be listening to the interaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the growling-thing too. Makes people look at you like you're some kind of raving lunatic or at least a bad dog owner.

      Delete
    2. Those people are not dog trainers. Judgmental based on no knowledge the way people can be. In training border collies on cows they definitely recommend growling and it works!

      Delete