Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Something's going on...

This is a strange time....

The anxiety I feel/felt has greatly lessened, the edginess too. Deep down I feel that something is building. A feeling, a premonition.... and I just can't shake it off.
Something is going on.
Something is about to happen.
There are signs everywhere. Small hints, flashes, suddenly very notable things or happenings and the deja vu's are increasing and their intensity is increasing too...
And the general feeling they leave isn't a bad one, either... These things are in my gut and on my mind, yet I fear them not. I feel like I am tapping new sources, seeing new ways, finding new perspectives or even beliefs... Yet I somehow always knew the latter has always been there.

But on the other hand... on a bigger scale... I have similar feelings albeit with a slightly darker outcome.
The time of chance has come. It has already begun!
Everyday the lies and deceit of authorities, both official and corporate, grow ever bigger and more grotesk.
Everyday people wake up, act and resist more.....
Everyday "the word" gets spread a little bit more...
And everyday the oppression by the powers that be is being increased by new laws and even more lies and deceit. Their powers wane... Their actions become increasingly arrogant... brutal.... desperate....violent.
Whatever it is... The balance is shifting and for this too the signs are everywhere. If one is willing to look and see... And here's where I see more dark clouds gathering. The rift within society is increasing too. People are becoming more and more polarised. Rich vs. poor, left vs. right, them vs. us, treehuggers vs. treecutters and lately I feel we can add new groups to the conflictline; those that see and those that can not or will not see.
Yet it can not be halted... Things have been set in motion. The wheels are turning... unstoppable.
We as a whole, as a society, as a species... have to adapt... or perish.

Be all that as it may, some other changes will be upon us soon. One of them will be the arrival of spring and with it will come not only a change in nature, but also in the nature of this blog. I will stop pretending to be something I am not. I am not a woodsman, no matter how hard I try. I am a gardener, maybe even a small farmer, too. Who knows. Don't get me wrong. I love the woods and I need to be near them to live and thrive, but I do not need to spend most of my time there. Not that I did anyway....
Is it too early to be thinking about that? Guess not... Gardening is looking and planning ahead. Patience, direct contact with the soil we all come from. Looking back through this blog I can noit help but feel that this woodsman-thing was and still is a journey of some sort. Initially it was to get away from it all. I needed it to break free, let go, to come here and refind myself... although like everybody else the myself-part is constantly changing as well.

And if it is anything to go by, we had an unexpected guest in the garden the day before yesterday; a male blackbird! These are semi-migratory birds around here. Moving to the south of the country during winter. Never saw one during winter in these parts.
Yesterday we had another bird here I haven't seen earlier this winter, a single vinterhämpling or twite (Carduelis flavirostris). And today we heard an owl hoot for the first time this winter! It was in the middle of the day and its calls echoed over the lake. We also witnessed how a couple of större hackspet or great spotted woodpecker (Dendrocopos major) sat very close to each other with maybe a handwidth space in between. One of them sat in the top of a large spruce, the other joined him/her a little lower, where after the first one climbed down and positioned itself next to the other. And there they remained... for a good while.

But for now winter still has a firm grip on us and that might easily last for another 4-6 weeks. And those will be long weeks, as they are every year, but somehow I think that even the perception of those weeks has changed.

And what better way than to spend the remaining time before bedtime on a cold winter's evening than to sit in front of the fireplace, book in hand, blanket around you and a dog warming you back...

Even the kids and the dog are changing. The first develop and grow at such an amazing (and frustrating) pace...
And the latter is adopting fast to our family. He really has become one of us already....

1 comment: