Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy days.....

The last 2 days were a couple of happy days, or at least days with happy moments...
Yesterday we were able to "stalk" a couple of cranes and today I found an "old friend", which I thought I had lost, again.
And tomorrow I'll be taking my 2 oldest kids out on a fieldtrip, looking for signs of spring! Looks like the end of my "springsorrow" is in sight....

First of all the pictures of the cranes we saw yesterday. There were 2 of them, feeding in a field, right in front of our house. We could walk upright for the first part of the way and we could sneak up on them through a depression in the field. We came op again only a 150 meters away and we tried to get closer. Unfortunately my youngest daughter wasn't exactly wearing stealthy clothing and their way of moving wasn't exactly stalk-ish either, so we scared them away, befor we moved more than 10 meters...


Our "house- and gardenhunter" decided to join us.


stalking........


Ahhhh...... shoot!


and I did......

And than today I found my lost buddy; my old army-SAK.

It was issued to me, when I entered service, the year clearly shows. Wehave seen a lot of fieldtime together and if there is one piece of equipment I hold dear, it is this knife. Can't help but smile, when I hold it in my hand and look at it... And all I had to do, was run it down the stroppingleather a few times and it was sharp again as the day it was issued to me, apart from a few nicks in the tip..... But I don't mind.
Even the braided bungeecord is from those days and doesn't show any sign of aging, yet!

1 comment:

  1. Nice birds! I don't think I've seen them here in Finland.

    Nice knife, too. :)

    weekendwoodsman

    ReplyDelete